Looking for an easy peasy breakfast option that’s both delicious and nutritious? Look no further than these mouthwatering cheesy spinach egg muffins! This oil-free and high-fiber recipe is perfect for those who want to kick-start their day with a healthy serving of veggies. Whip up a big batch in advance and reheat for breakfast or snack time, or enjoy them fresh out of the oven!
You can throw in anything in your fridge, but I highly recommend spinach for its mild and versatile flavor.
2 cups of chopped, blanched, and drained spinach (I used local spinach)
6 large eggs
Bacon (add as little or as much as you want)
Shredded cheese (again, as little or as much as you want)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
100 ml evaporated milk (you can also use other milk or substitutes but evaporated milk is creamier)
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
You will need:
Cupcake liner for easier clean up (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, beat 6 large eggs. Add in some creamy evaporated milk, savory oyster sauce, and a dash of salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices you like to taste.
3. Mix in the chopped spinach (make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid!), and feel free to throw in some shredded carrots or any other veggies you like. Just drain off any excess liquid or else, the muffins will be soggy.
4. Add some chopped bacon and shredded cheese, but save some for topping later!
5. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake liner. Pro tip: add the veggies first, then pour in the remaining liquid to prevent the cupcake liners from getting too soggy.
6. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of cheese and a few pieces of bacon.
7. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins rise, the cheese topping has melted, and the bacon is as crispy as you like.
Enjoy these delicious egg muffins for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!
Freezing and reheating cheesy spinach egg muffins
Cool the cheesy spinach egg muffins and place them in an airtight container, or for a more space-efficient option, a freezer bag! These can keep well up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven warmed through. It’s a great meal prep option!
Get all of your essentials and an assortment of Eden cheeses you can play around with for this recipe from LazMart!