I came across a tofu teriyaki burger recipe, and it inspired me to make a crispy tofu version. It was surprisingly yummy and satisfying! We hope you’ll like this meatless recipe too!
1 block of firm tofu
1 tbsp oyster sauce
salt and pepper
Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, sriracha (adjust amount according to your preference)
1. Dry tofu blocks and slice them horizontally to a size appropriate for your burger buns. We liked them slightly thicker for a “meatier” bite.
2. Season the tofu slices with salt and pepper and let them sit for 30 minutes.
3. Coat tofu slices with flour, then dip in the beaten egg with 1 tbsp of oyster sauce. Cover with bread crumbs.
4. Fry until golden brown and remove excess oil.
5. Warm your burger buns and build your tofu burger as you like!