I can’t stop munching on these enoki mushroom fries! Here’s the recipe.
Enoki mushroom fries
200g Enoki mushrooms
1 tbsp soy sauce
2-3 pinches of salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 cup flour
Oil for frying
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Sriracha
1 tbsp Mustard
1 tbsp Vinegar/Lemon or lime juice
1. Lightly wash the enoki mushrooms. Do not soak or they will get soggy.
2. Trim the edges and separate them into bite size pieces.
3. Sprinkle about 1-2 pinches of salt on the mushrooms, add the soy sauce (for umami), cumin, and paprika. Toss them together and let sit for 5 minutes to let it sweat.
4. Coat the mushrooms with flour, making sure the heads are separated so they’re crisper, rather than an oily blob of mushrooms and floor.
5. Deep fry until brown and crispy.
6. Drain excess oil and pat dry with paper towel.
7. Dip: Mix mayonnaise, mustard, sriracha, and vinegar (or any citrus juice of your choice). Adjust to your preference.