We had left over bola-bola (meatball) mix, and deep frying a panko-breaded one sounded good inside my head. You know what? It is.
You can use your own bola-bola recipe, but here’s mine:
250g ground pork
100g chopped, peeled shrimps
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots (wring out excess juice)
1 to 2 tbsp chopped kinchay (parsley) or celery
1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) – this is separate from the breading to keep the meatballs soft and moist.
Salt, Pepper, and other seasonings you might like
1 beaten egg
1. Mix all the the meatball ingredients together and form into balls
2. Freeze meatballs for at least 30 minutes before breading so they can hold their shape
3. Coat frozen meatballs with flour, dip in beaten egg, then cover completely with panko bread crumbs
4. Deep fry in medium heat until bread crumbs are golden brown
5. Drain excess oil then pat dry with paper towel
6. Serve with sweet chili sauce
Did you know you can already shop online with S&R? Shop through their official store in Lazada!