It took us a while to convince Tikoy into wearing his anti-radiation glasses. The boy wouldn’t budge when he started online school, but we let it rest, sympathizing that the specs might discomfort him.
Save for his online classes, some video calls, and watching recipes on YouTube, we have just introduced screen time to him with an agreement: he could only design in Canva, exchange emojis with his grandparents, take videos, and check AccuWeather when he wears his anti-radiation glasses, at a maximum of 30 minutes. (I know! Those activities are strange for a four-year-old, but hey, that’s what he likes. 🤓)
He finally allowed the wearing of the glasses, and we think it looks cute on him! We like that he sticks to our agreement and asks for his screen time bearing them in his hands. For now, he volunteers resting his eyes before the time is up. But check back when he starts playing games and such. 😆
We decided to protect his eyes early since his parents aren’t blessed with 20/20 vision. He’ll probably have the same concerns later on. We hope that he’ll have better eye health than ours by some miracle, and we guess it starts with developing good eye care habits.
Anti-radiation glasses for kids
What does it do?
- Blocks harmful blue light from the screen with EMI multi-coating. This technology keeps electromagnetic rays away from the eyes to lessen computer vision syndrome
- Reduces screen glare (which causes eye strain) with an anti-reflective coating
- Does not require a prescription
- Includes UV 420 sun and screen protection
What to look for in kid’s anti-radiation glasses
- A certification by Intertek (total quality assurance provider) to make sure the glasses are effective
- Go for lightweight but sturdy materials
We recommend investing in these because screens and gadgets are inevitable in our children’s lives. Find one that’s durable for kids.
Check out Sunnies Studios’ anti-rad glasses for kids! They have a range of cool designs that are so cute. I wish I had the same frame. 😆 They also make them from repurposed sunglasses! One more thing to feel good about when you purchase them.