We used to frequent Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza back in our Salcedo Village office days. Our staple orders were SMEGG pizza, Burrata Cheese and bread, and my favorite, Lemon Mushroom Pasta.
Here’s our version of the recipe. Just don’t tell Gino. 😉
- At least three different types of mushrooms- We usually balance strong-flavored mushrooms like shiitake with milder ones such as straw, oyster, or button mushrooms.
- All-purpose cream
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 cup beef broth or cube (dissolved in 1 cup of water)
- Parmesan cheese
- Capers (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in olive oil or butter.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the broth.
- Add a tablespoon of capers. Leave this out if you’re not fond of them.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat, then add the all-purpose cream and parmesan cheese.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened. Taste, and make final flavor adjustments.
- Toss with cooked pasta, and serve with a slice of lemon.