Mark and I grew up having chicken macaroni salad for Christmas Noche Buena. And there’s no other mayonnaise for our families but Lady’s Choice.
And since it has been a long time family tradition, we would like to share our secret ingredients and techniques for our creamy chicken macaroni salad.
1. Celery– finely chopped celery leaves and stalks give that distinct, slightly bitter taste that blends well with the other ingredients.
2. Red onions– while some recipes call for a tablespoon of chopped red onions, ours would have to be at least one large bulb. It gives that sharp taste that compliments with the creaminess of the mayonnaise.
3. Mustard– just a tablespoon of mustard adds a tangy (and again, a hint of bitter) taste to the salad.
4. Salad macaroni– we prefer this over elbow macaroni because the flavor is richer when the pasta is filled or stuffed with mayonnaise inside. In case you don’t have salad macaroni, you can cut each elbow macaroni into two. You may think that’s crazy but that’s what we did for the salad in this picture! 😂
5. Chicken– don’t scrimp on your chicken. The meatier, the better!
You can buy your Lady’s Choice Mac-A-Sama Ka Kit during this 11.11 Sale at bit.ly/lckits
Here’s the full recipe:
Creamy Chicken Macaroni Salad
470ml Lady’s Choice mayonnaise
200 grams macaroni
1/2 cup chopped celery stalk and leaves
1/2 cup minced carrots
1 large red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup pickle relish
1 tablespoon mustard
1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained and sliced
1 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken breast fillet
A pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni and chicken. Make sure the noodles are al dente to have that good bite. You wouldn’t want them mushy.
- Chop the ingredients
- Combine with Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- Serve chilled